Friday 24 September 2010

Herbstferien

So today was the last day of school before the Herbstferien, and it really does feel more like autumn today than it has in the last week or so; the temperature has dropped, it has been raining and I could see my breath on the walk home. Autumn is my favourite season, and I hope it's a good one.

We (that is four of the English teachers and myself) celebrated finishing for the holidays by going for an Apéro after work today- a couple of beers, a bowl of bread with a dish of olives and cheese, and a platter of cured meats. The conversation was good, and they all gave me lots of tips of places to go in Swtizerland when my parents come, and in general.


On the way home I picked up some food from the Coop and decided to go for something different than the usual cans of beer. I haven't had any wine since I arrived here a month ago, and picked up a bottle of Swiss wysse wii, or white wine, from the Vaud. It's not bad... in fact, I rather like it. A good introduction to Swiss wine...

No comments:

Post a Comment