Thursday 30 September 2010

Daheim


Whilst technically not at home, I graced the shores of Blighty for a few short days this week. I flew out from Basel on Monday night and was met by M at Gatwick. We got the train to his house and spent the evening eating olives, bread and a selection of cheeses.

Tuesday dawned and was awesome. I went map shopping in Covent Garden and bought a map of the Jungfrau region, we ate sushi for lunch and then spent the evening watching Sister Act the Musical (sadly without Whoopie, but amazing nonetheless) and dining at Veraswami, said to be the oldest surviving Indian restaurant in the UK. The scallops I had for my starter were perfect and the curry that followed was one of the best I've ever eaten.

Yesterday was more relaxed and we spent in ambling around Oxford Street. I bought some much needed new jeans and fell in love with a cookbook titled "A Zombie Ate my Cupcake"; I don't know whether to start with the gingerbread graveyard cupcakes or the meringue bones with dipping 'blood'... Later we met with Leo (hoi mevrouw!) and her boyfriend in Camden for some booze en een beetje Nederlands and followed this with cocktails.

This morning I was a little bit worse for wear, but it didn't stop me from making my ten a.m. appointment to get my hair cut. The rest of the day was spent lazing around, searching for a wallet and a passport and eating sushi, before I flew Luton - Zürich and got the train back to Basel.

Tomorrow promises to be a busy day- I'm moving into a new flat.

Also, Grüezi to any readers who've stumbled here via Heidi's blog. I hope you enjoyed it...

1 comment: