Sunday 26 September 2010

Heisse Maroni in Luzern


So last night there was some talk of meeting up in Zürich for drinks with the other assistants but because of the trains it would have meant only being together for an hour, so we decided on a trip today, and at 1405 I stepped off the direct service to Lucerne. I met with two of the other assistants while I was there, and we spent the day wandering around and eating cake. Time well spent.

It was cold, but we walked along the edge of the lake and over the river a couple of times, taking in the two ancient bridges, and a walk along the battlements. Across the lake you could see the snow-topped peaks of Rigi and Pilatus looming in the clouds.


I also had my first taste of roasted chestnuts today (hence the title). The taste was strange but I liked it... unfortunately the Swiss apple-wine I tried wasn't as palatable.

1 comment: