Thursday 2 September 2010

Basler Mehlsuppe


Some of you may know that I'm a fan of the old Beutelsuppe, so I was more than happy to give not only a new taste of soup, but one that is also related to my new home a try this afternoon. According to a new guidebook I bought today, it's traditionally served during the Basler Fasnacht, which is the city's carneval. Unfortunately, a soup made mainly from roasted wheat didn't really taste very nice, so I doubt I'll be giving this another go.

In other news, I bought my rail card today, giving me half-price fares and free travel after seven p.m. Also got my ticket to go off to Bern tomorrow for the induction day. It cost about 18 francs, which I think is quite bargainous, though I do have to catch a train at half seven tomorrow morning... not looking forward to that too much.

Also, seems I can't register, but today I went into a bank and asked what I'd need to open an account, and it seems I only need a passport. I will double check this, but it'd be great if it was true.

No comments:

Post a Comment