Tuesday 12 April 2011

Schon Wieder Da


I'm back in Switzerland after a wonderful weekend in Sheffield. I was attending a wedding and spent that day basking in the sun, drinking champagne and devouring food from a double Michelin starred restaurant, washing the whole down with lots of wine. The day was really nice, and everything went perfectly (and wasn't at all hindered by my help; I had to dry the flowers...).

On Saturday I also got to see Jules and Big P (Hello!) and Elaine and Belino (Hello!?) for some drinks and food. It was great catching up and having things paid for. The evening M and I did a mini pub-crawl through some of Sheffield's less well-known but still good establishments.

Sunday we went for a drive and lunch in the Peak District, and then dealt with separation anxiety.

Back at work for this week though Easter holidays start on Friday- two fellow Sheffield allumni are coming for a visit and to go for a hike in the countryside around Basel. I also think I am cooking for them. It should be nice. Otherwise, trying to think of a way to spend the early part of next week, before I train off to Brussels!

No comments:

Post a Comment