Sunday 3 April 2011

Kuchen mit Schoggi-Frosting


We got two new flatmates today and as part of making them feel welcome I thought I would make some cupcakes. My go-to recipe at the moment is the very simple vanilla cupcake recipe found in Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Don't let the word vegan put you off, though; they are light and fluffy and you can really taste the vanilla in them. Sometimes, though, a mound of American-style "frosting" can prove to be a little bit too much- it's very very sweet. So yesterday I decided to tone it down a little bit and mixed a good quantity of cocoa powder in with it. It worked, and they were a success this afternoon.

In other news, Spring is now here in full-force. There are blossoms and flowers and countless magnolia trees everywhere. Today I saw a bee. And a butterfly. It's nice. It has also inspired me to start on a summer project: operation cryptic crosswords. So far I still have no clue, but persevere I shall!

1 comment:

  1. You should put your cup cakes to 'the ultimate test' - see what GM thinks of them!
    Just been watching Masterchef - 'puddings' and 'afternoon tea' AC

    ReplyDelete