Thursday 18 November 2010

Wir Sind Helden


This week a very special Welsh lass visited me in Basel. Chiefly to go to a gig, but also to sign off and mosey around Switzerland for a few days. After meeting her on Monday and leaving her to go to work, we journeyed to Zürich on tuesday ridiculously hungover from the day before, to see the German band Wir Sind Helden. We've both seen them before. They were brilliant. The room we were in was probably the smallest place I've seen a gig, and they played for almost two hours. One of my favourite songs was their last. Awesome.

The rest of her stay we spent in cafés, not understanding Swiss, going to the border, cooking for my flat, cowering from the hated corporate type and laughing more than I have in a long time. I saw her off this evening and am now shattered from the visit and having to get up early for work. Life is so hard.

1 comment: