Thursday 5 May 2011

Terug


So I'm back from my jaunts around Western Europe. Is the world a better place because of this? I'd like to think so.

First stop was Brussels, where my time was spent drinking, dancing, attempting to speak Dutch, lazing around in parks and having a good, ol' Sheffield-style weekend. It was immense. Perhaps it was made even better by the fact that I've been to Brussels before and that we did nothing touristy at all; in fact, I think you had to have a local with you to find some of the places- they were literally just doorbells next to unmarked doors with clubs behind them. Drag queen clubs.


Then I got the eurostar to London and spent a wonderful week there, too, marvelling at the flags strung up on Regent Street and avoiding the wedding like the plague (we went for coffee during the first showing, and got drunk during the second) ... wish I'd known about the republican street parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment